Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Avatar coming along

It's been nearly a year and a half since I worked on my Avatar and I've been thinking about different ways to complete him. The biggest decision was how to convert his sword (spatula). I knew that I wasn't the best sculptor and I would probably have to hide my shady green stuff job somehow. After looking online for various ideas I decided to add fire to the blade. This would not only hide my poor workmanship but it would also reflect the flame burst rule. Since the avatar is walking over a cryx wreck, I added a little fire to it to complement the flame burst idea.
I've also been debating whether to keep the "drapes" on him or to avoid them completely. I figured that the biggest reason that I wouldn't add them would be due to laziness and I was a little scared that it would make the model too busy. The pictures that I took are of the model pinned but not completely glued. Some of the drapes are completed (shield side) and since I'd like to add flames on the other side of the sword, I'll add them at the end. One big annoyance is that the rear cloth is missing and I looked up how much it would cost me to ship it to Cyprus... 50 cents for the part, $30.00 for shipping...I don't think so!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment