Saturday, October 29, 2011

Deliverer Sunburst Crew

Here's my completed Deliverer sunburst crew that I finally based and flocked. I found a nice ash flock that can replace the black drybrush I was doing to my yellow grass flock. I wanted a burnt look on my bases and this new flock really achieves that.

Thursday, October 27, 2011


Here's a couple pictures of my finished Corvolo. He's been in my display case waiting to have his base completed. Of all my models, I think he's one of the few that I painted closest to the original colors. I find that the overall model has too much metallic paint for my liking and if i had to redo him i would change the pipes to something a little less "loud".
As per every model that I take pictures of, I notice a few details that need cleaning up... Like the bottom of his pants. Overall I'm satisfied with the result but there is always room for improvement.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Avatar coming along

It's been nearly a year and a half since I worked on my Avatar and I've been thinking about different ways to complete him. The biggest decision was how to convert his sword (spatula). I knew that I wasn't the best sculptor and I would probably have to hide my shady green stuff job somehow. After looking online for various ideas I decided to add fire to the blade. This would not only hide my poor workmanship but it would also reflect the flame burst rule. Since the avatar is walking over a cryx wreck, I added a little fire to it to complement the flame burst idea.
I've also been debating whether to keep the "drapes" on him or to avoid them completely. I figured that the biggest reason that I wouldn't add them would be due to laziness and I was a little scared that it would make the model too busy. The pictures that I took are of the model pinned but not completely glued. Some of the drapes are completed (shield side) and since I'd like to add flames on the other side of the sword, I'll add them at the end. One big annoyance is that the rear cloth is missing and I looked up how much it would cost me to ship it to Cyprus... 50 cents for the part, $30.00 for shipping...I don't think so!!!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Color Creep

When I started painting this army I wanted a dark version of menoth. After having them in my display case for many months I found them looking bland and wanted a little more color. As you can see in the following picture reds are becoming more prominent and the off-white is becoming more dominant than the dark brown.
I might have to go back to my earlier units and give them a touch up so that my army looks as one. I still think that certain groups of models will have their own "look" but I would like the whole army to keep to the palette as close as possible.

Blogger App

Well, we already know that I'm a great procrastinator so finding things that make me do things easier is always welcome. This morning I was going through my bookmarks and found the blog that I had started over a year ago. I enjoyed doing it but it was a bit of a pain to post a blog. I had to get my camera, boot the computer, upload the pictures to the computer, then loggin to blogspot, write a blog, upload the pictures and finally publish it. (ok it's not that big of a pain but this is my story and I'm sticking to it)
Anyway, back to my story... This morning I decided to see if blogger had an app for the iPad. Well, as you probably guessed, "there's an app for that". It's quite easy to use and I think that it will serve me well. Easy access to my blog (1 push of a button) and easy photo uploads since pictures are stored on my phone/tablet (I mean Christina's tablet). Now only time will tell if I'll blog more frequently or not. All I know is that I no longer have an excuse.