Monday, February 1, 2010

New army

Recently I've been thinking about getting a second Privateer Press army so that I can have the possibility to play someone in Cyprus when we move there this summer. On a couple occasions I came close to buying a partially primed/assembled Khador army on Ebay. I really like the look of some of their models but it seemed that a lot of people at Gamer's World have this army and I wanted to get something different.

I started getting interested in Menoth after seeing the wonderful painting work by Ulfman. During the Christmas holidays, I ended up buying a partially built army with the following for just over $110. (plus shipping)

Feora Harbinger
2 x Crusaders
2 x Revengers
Repenter
Avatar
Reckoner
Guardian
Holy Zealots unit
Monolith Bearer
Knights Exemplar
8 x Flameguard Cleansers
Deliverers Unit
Deliverer Sunburst Crew
3 x Wracks
Paladin Order of the wall
Exemplar Senechal
Eiryss
Rhupert Carvolo
and an Army Transport Platoon carrying case

It was quite a score. It took a little while to receive it but when I got it everything was in pretty good shape. Most pieces were never glued and still had the moulding bits on them. The ones that were glued came apart quite easy since they were never pinned and the glue was brittle. As expected there were missing bits but suprisingly little. (Thanks to Dave for volunteering to organize a group order.)

I've been spending my past couple nights filing the mould line down, pining and assembling the models and am enjoying the look that this army has. I've also been thinking of color schemes for my new army. I do like the standard colors of Menoth but I want something a little darker. These are after all, religious fanatics that burn heretics alive. I still haven' painted my first "trial" model but I'm leaning towards similar colors that were chosen for the High Reclaimer. The black as the main color instead of white will give the little touch of evil that I'm looking for. Speaking of the High reclaimer, I ended up buying a couple extra models to supplement this already full army. The High Reclaimer, Reclaimer and Choir Unit (4) Here are some pictures of my purchase.






No comments:

Post a Comment